10 Reasons Why It Sucks To Be FAT
I have written this as an homage to what I once was and also to inspire anyone out there that struggles to make a change. A lot of these “reasons” were my own personal thoughts I battled with every single day. I’m sure you have your own to add and I’d love to hear yours at the bottom of this post. Here goes……
– It gets boring/tiring waking everyday asking yourself “am I skinny yet”. Clearly the 5 pieces of cheesecake you ate last night are NOT going to make you skinny, quite the opposite.
– You can’t live your life in excess for the rest of your life, it will all come crashing down in the end. Medicating with excessive shitty food is not going to help you out of this one.
– Your health is severely comprised just being at mere 5kg over your ideal weight, not to mention 10, 15, 30 kilos over. You get bigger- the risks increase.
– People talk about you; to your face and behind your back.
– Your overweight/obesity is seen as a flaw in modern society. As much as you want to deny it, you need to wise up that some decisions are made based on appearance. Are you willing to comprise your dream job?
– The dryer isn’t shrinking your clothes, you are just getting bigger. Clothes shopping is not fun when nothing fits. The mirrors in the change room can be blamed for some of the unflattering image staring back at you but it’s not entirely to blame.
– You are comprising your fertility. Do you want kids? Was conceiving harder for you being overweight?
– Those aches and pains are not because your at your optimal body composition. Your sore back, your achy feet, the hip, your neck; it’s sore because your body can’t handle the excess weight. It will become a costly exercise if you keep this up.
– You may not realise it now but you are sinking into depression. You’re upset about your looks, your body disgusts you and you don’t want to socialise anymore let alone be caught dead in the beach. The negative comments you make about “skinny bitches” is mean spirited and uncalled for- she may work out everyday of her life, you don’t know her story. It doesn’t have to be this way.
– No matter how many of your friends or family tell you “you look fine” or “you’re not even that big, here have another slice of cake!”- you know the truth, you are big and the last thing you need is a piece of cake. You need will power and support. You need them to stop enabling you in this lifestyle.
What should you do next?
Get real! Find that last bit of oomph to start on this new journey. Tell yourself this is it- no turning back. If you don’t believe in this goal, you will NEVER achieve it. Stop being f&*%ing negative!
Start small: Focus on your food and get it tight. Here this will help (it’s helped loads of others).
Once you’ve lived in healthy land for at least 4 wks next step is integrating some exercise
Move more: Start by walking or even cycling 30mins everyday (yes busy people can try 3x 10mins/day) next step it up; high intensity- short intervals. Tabata is excellent! Keep that going for 2-4 wks consistently
Now onto combining the two BEST FORMS OF EXERCISE: Weights & cardio. You can find one of my program’s right here. Aim for 3 weights & 3-4 cardios (you can definitely keep up the daily cardio)
Positive mindset: this is your biggest job to work on. A healthy body starts with a healthy mind. You get ether at being positive but you have to start trying first. Affirmations (choose some that resonate with you- not miss fitness model 2010, YOU!) will help you stay positive and in the moment of your journey. Keep a journal or blog your way through this time- you will surprised how cathartic this medium will be.
Be in it for the long haul: Remember how long it took you to realize you were fat/chubby/busting out of your clothes? Yeah, well it’s going to take some time to see results- please don’t give up after a week, you can do better than that. Give yourself at 12-14 wks. Program it in your diary and focus your whole entire being.
Oh dare she, you say? No way- been there done that! Want proof? This was me. Looking back I wish I had more photos but FFG (former fat girls- LOL) know you just don’t like the camera getting all up in your grill when you iz fat, right? It’s always head shots and no fat rolls please!
Life is so good, when you are happy in own skin!
I hope in some way this inspires you to make the necessary changes to your life. I am never going to apologise for my straight talking- if you can’t handle or are just not prepared to face up to reality then so be it. On the flip side, if you are open and willing to change I’m always keen to listen and I hope my posts & FB page helps you out. Don’t forget to please share this with those that need it most & comment below if you have any thoughts/questions/further comments!
Subscribe and get my FREE Fat Loss Secrets and Keys to Success eBook!
Be awesome, to get some natalie carter talks fitness on a regular basis subscribe now!