There is no content to display.
Do you have CURLY HAIR? I do and it’s awesome and a massive pain in the ass all at the same time.
Here’s some quick tips you may not have tried to manage your hair naturally and keep those curls looking fresh even after a few days without washing. They work for me, hopefully you can try them out.
- Wash with chemical free products. I use a herbal shampoo and conditioner from Harris Farm (only cost $10 ea). Avoid sulphates/silicones etc. I only wash my hair once/wk- it’s the perfect amount for my hair type. I put a little argan oil to keep frizz at bay (see my essano review) and even a little coconut oil on the ends if it feels a little dry.
- Avoid harsh colouring that leads to breakage. Try and go au naturale or find a colourist who uses less intense colouring methods. I’ve been free from the colouring shackles for a while now and it’s awesome.
- Where I can I try not to tie up my hair and just let the curl do its thing. It’s much easier to work WITH your curls instead of against it.
- Sleep on a silky pillowcase or just wrap a pillow with a silk/satin scarf. Alternately wrap your hair in a scarf (mine always came off at night so I didn’t like that option for long).
- A decent trim and treatment never goes astray. Maintaining your hair is key. I’m growing my hair at the moment so I aim for a 12 week trip to the salon.
- When it comes to drying your curly hair use an old tshirt or singlet top not a towel. It helps cut down on frizz and breakage. I always allow my hair to air dry. I make sure to avoid heat (hair dryers/straighteners etc) at all costs.
So what are you curly hair tips?