There is no content to display.
Recently, I’ve been trying to get my partner to reduce his gut region, start exercising and change his poor eating habits. Go figure, right! I’m a fitness and nutrition expert and he
is was a cheese scoffing, lazzzzzy sloth. Of course he blames me. I cook too many nice things, I force him to eat sugary things (i don’t..he just forgets I move all day for about 12 hours, 6 days per week and I can apply restraint when it comes to sweet things) Cakes, ice-cream and other sugar laden delights get hovered up in his presence. I’ll have a little treat each week whilst he sits down to devour a whole 1 litre tub of Chocolate ice-cream in a split second. So I decided (Yes, that’s the control freak in me..I rule the roost!) enough was enough. I couldn’t be helping hundreds of others and neglect my own partner! 2011 was the man’s year. He was going to cut back and get serious.
His challenge started on the 15th of January, 2011 (My Birthday!) and here are the stats:
Starting weight: 101kg of pure beef…He’s a stocky guy but he did look like he was about to have a baby (actually our friend was heavily pregnant and they had the same size bellies…yep, we measured them!)
Progress (as at 5/2/11):
Current weight: 96kg…Amazing! 5kg already. I just love men and their fast metabolisms.
What has he done to achieve this?
– Reduced his dairy consumption. He was a cheese-a-holic. Instead he has rice milk/goats milk. Only Parmesan cheese occasionally. Ice-cream 1-2 per week and portioned out (no more eating from the tub!)
– He awesomely has been sober for over 4 months now…we love not drinking (honestly, we do!)
– Reduced portion size for all meals and eats regularly (every 3-4 hours) instead of reaching for pie and sausage rolls on the run. He organises his lunch before leaving for work.
– Eat’s breakfast everyday instead of skipping it
– Adds short runs along the beach after a surf or swim at least 4-5 times per week. This is a massive change because he is an exercise hater. (I’ve trained him once or twice and he whinged the whole time and also refused the finish our sessions because “they were too hard”.
I thought I’d give you some easy to follow recipes (both great for men and women) ideal for aiding fat loss an also providing our bodies with nutrition:
The Fail safe Breakkie on the run
1/2 cup blueberries or other berries
Whizz in a blender and you’re done
Lunch, Fit for a Man
Delicious seared Chilli T-bone with Celery, avocado, cabbage salad
Salad: Dice celery, shred red cabbage and scoop out half an avocado
pop all vegies in a bowl, add 1 tbsp soya mayo, lemon juice and tbsp Dijon mustard. Salt and pepper then combine together (i just did it all in the bowl, it blends and comes together well)
Easy Dinner- Even he can make!
Lamb Meatballs: Packet lamb mince, 3 egg yolks, 2 tsp of each of these; turmeric, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander seeds, chilli flakes. Plus salt and pepper.
Combine all ingredients and form balls. I then placed them in muffin trays (easy and non stick). Serve with a salad and some organic yoghurt and fresh coriander. Don’t forget a refreshing spritz of lemon
So all in all, fantastic achievement! I’ve very proud that my nagging eventually has worked. Never give up girls. Never! Motivation is key. Don’t put them down, build them up. Reward and applaud when they stick to healthy eating and keep their exercise promises.
I”m sure there are some girlies out there with a partners who suffer from Lazy Man Syndrome. Come on girls! Tell me what you do to motivate your man…..